- Serve as a design and technical specialist with understanding of client expectations, strong design background, and project delivery.
- Serve as an extension of senior engineering staff in executing transportation engineering scope of services; ensure project assignments are completed on schedule and within budget; guide junior staff in their development.
- Participate in pre-planning meetings on major project pursuits.
- Ability to perform transportation engineering on a variety of private and public funded projects
- Familiarity with federal, state and local regulations
- Develops and maintain client relationships
- Education, 2 years post-secondary education in engineering related field preferred. Consideration will be given for individuals with strong background experience.
- Existing client relationships with NDOR and/or IowaDOT preferred
- Prior experience working on roadway/highway design projects with NDOR and/or IowaDOT
- Minimum of 8 years of relative engineering experience
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with other members of the project team
- Experience and working knowledge with Design software (Microstation,Geopak) required