Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Marketing and business development for survey services
- Prepare drawings, exhibit and perform quality assurance checks for adherence to standards and procedures.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of survey procedures, quality control and legal principles. Evaluate legal and field evidence pertaining to surveying and make judgments accordingly.
- Maintain general knowledge of information provided by states, counties, cities and other governmental agencies.
- Maintain effective working relationships with engineers, architects, surveyors, project representatives, clients and contractors.
- Conduct preliminary studies and field investigations necessary to prepare cost estimates for assigned projects. Prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates.
- Assist in recording, coordinating and preparing project requests.
- Iowa Professional Land Surveyor License required or possess qualifications to get registered
- Thorough knowledge of survey principles and practices with ability to complete researches in the area of surveying.
- Resourceful in developing solutions and acquiring information.
- Knowledge of engineering design and construction practices.
- Ability to make independent judgments on survey related issues.